Friday, December 11, 2009

Project Christmas ★ where do the trees come from?

I was walking on the coldest day of the year through very windy weather...

Everywhere I looked I saw beautiful illumination with shiny christmas decorations and warm lights... It's pleasing to watch a tree that shines like a million dollars with lots of beautiful accessories..




Then I happened to witness a bunch of freshly cut, still alive but dying trees piled in a bunch on a side walk of a street.. waiting to be maybe sold and decorated as one of those christmas trees... if anybody even picks them up..
I wonder how many trees are killed all over the world at this time every year...

According to an article on helium.com, Over 30 million Alive Christmas Trees are sold each year in the U.S.

I wonder how it would affects the wild enviroment if everybody were to choose artificial trees over real trees that normally take 7-10 years to mature on average.

I believe there would be less Air pollution since trees remove dust and pollen from the air. I also think that wild Animals would be happier to keep their habitat.

As a matter of fact, since I'm such a recycle person myself, I would enjoy a nice, strong annually reusable imitation tree better than real ones. so you can be a Green Lover and save $$ for fun things (wink♥) at the same time.

On the way back home, I saw an amazingly friendly squirrel on a bench in a park.
I couldn't believe it was a wild one since it walked up closer to me as it almost jumped onto my arms if I'd have reached for it. I had to take a shot of the cutie.. isn't it adorable?

No comments:

Post a Comment